Table of Contents
Sachin Tendulkar Story - Bio, facts, Net Worth, Family and Career
In the past, we would make bookings and modifications on the phone while placing orders at different restaurants. Apps like Zomato soon emerged, completely flipping the situation and simplifying it for users. We can consume the food offered by the restaurants where we live thanks to Zomato. This company was launched in 2008 by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah. Zomato made eating out and food delivery simpler.
Some highlights about his life:
He's an IIT Delhi alum. Goyal was not a good student in school but eventually got into the prestigious IIT. After graduating, Goyal was hired by Bain and Company, where he worked as a senior consultant for almost four years and subsequently founded Zomato.
Pankaj Chaddah is an IIT Delhi graduate with a BTech in mechanical engineering. After earning his degree, Chaddah joined Bain and Company, where he worked for 2.5 years until joining Deepinder to launch Zomato. But this co-founder, who had spent more than a decade acting as a "conscience keeper, and a support system during upheavals," announced his resignation from Zomato in May 2018. Chaddah is a co-founder of Shyft, formerly known as Mindhouse, which he launched in November 2019.
About his successful life:
- It started when Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah, the creators, noticed a large number of users in their New Delhi office, standing in line for an extended period of time merely to obtain a glimpse of the menu card. And there was the exact time that the two realized they needed to find a solution, which gave rise to Zomato, which was once known as "Foodiebay."
- When the website's founders first launched it, it was known as Foodiebay instead of Zomato. Additionally, the services were first offered in Delhi before being expanded to Mumbai and Kolkata.
- The proprietors of Foodiebay decided to change it and expand it internationally due to the site's enormous user base and growth rates. At that point, the company began operating under the name Zomato, as it is known today. 2010 saw the official rebranding of Foodiebay to Zomato.
- According to Zomato, its goal is "to make sure no one gets a poor meal." Zomato's goal, according to co-founder Pankaj Chaddah, "is to be the global platform when someone is looking for food locally."
- In 2008, Pankaj Chaddah and Deepinder Goyal, who were employed at Bain & Company, established Zomato under the name FoodieBay. The website was once a platform for restaurant listings and recommendations. In order to avoid a possible naming problem with eBay and as they had no idea if they would "just stick to food," they renamed the firm Zomato in 2010.
- It reached Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Hyderabad in 2011 as part of its national expansion.
- It increased its global operations in 2012 and did so in a number of nations, including the UK, the Philippines, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and the United Arab Emirates.
- The websites and applications are available in English, Turkish, Portuguese, Indonesian, and New Zealand. In 2013, it expanded to Brazil, Indonesia, Brazil, and New Zealand.
- It was first introduced in Portugal in April 2014, and then in Canada, Lebanon, and Ireland in 2015.
- Zomato entered the US and Australia in January 2015 when it purchased Urbanspoon, a restaurant discovery portal based in Seattle. Zomato's entry into the American market placed it squarely against comparable platforms like Yelp and Foursquare.
- Zomato began offering food delivery services in India in 2015 as part of an attempt to diversify its business beyond restaurant listings. Initially, it collaborated with businesses like Delhivery and Grab to handle deliveries from eateries without their own delivery service.
- The American online table reservation service NexTable, which was later rebranded as Zomato Book, was purchased by Zomato in April 2015. The Zomato Book application's table reservation feature was introduced in India in January 2016. It purchased the cloud-based point of sale (PoS) startup MapleGraph Solutions in April 2015, and in April 2016 it introduced Zomato Base, a PoS for restaurant operators that includes analytics, payment processing, inventory management, and menu and inventory management. Subsequently in the same year, Zomato included the real-time delivery position tracking technology of Sparse Labs (now known as Zomato Trace) into their meal delivery platform.
- Zomato Infrastructure Services is a cloud kitchen infrastructure solution that the company unveiled in February 2017 with the goal of assisting partner restaurants in growing their footprints without having to pay fixed expenses. Subsequently that year, Zomato launched Zomato Gold, a premium membership program that allowed users to receive deals and discounts on dining and takeout at Zomato's affiliated restaurants.
- Zomato terminated the Zomato Infrastructure Services in 2018. After acquiring WOTU, the business renamed it as Hyperpure and used its warehouses to supply restaurants with food items like cereals, vegetables, and meat. Zomato debuted Zomaland, its yearly multi-city culinary and entertainment carnival, in December 2018.
- Talabat purchased Zomato's UAE meal delivery company in March 2019. Nearly 10% of the company's workforce, or 540 employees, were let go in September 2019 to focus on back-end tasks including customer care, merchant assistance, and delivery partner support.
- Zomato started delivering groceries and necessities under the Zomato Market service in more than 80 Indian cities in April 2020 as a result of a decline in food delivery and an increase in demand for online grocery ordering during the COVID-19 pandemic. It will roll out contactless dining at its partner restaurants in April 2020. With the approval of the governments of West Bengal, Jharkhand, and Odisha, Zomato also started distributing alcohol in these states in May 2020. Zomato made additional layoffs of 520 workers in May 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Zomato shut down Zomato Market in June 2020 because the grocery delivery company "was not scalable" and the demand for food delivery had rebounded. It stopped providing alcohol delivery services in April 2021, claiming issues with scalability and unit economics.
- Zomato listed on the stock exchange in July 2021, with a valuation of more than US$8 billion.
- All countries except India and the United Arab Emirates saw Zomato's services end in November 2021. Zomato Instant is a 10-minute meal delivery test that the company started in Gurgaon in April 2022. Quick-commerce startup Blinkit will be acquired by Zomato for US$568 million, the business announced in June 2022.
- Zomato introduced Intercity Legends, a service that allowed customers to order meals from well-known restaurants in other cities and have it delivered in a matter of days, in the Delhi NCR in August 2022. Zomato launched the Zomato Pay function in November 2022, enabling customers to pay for meals at participating restaurants, take advantage of deals, and promote participating restaurants.
- Zomato announced that its operations in India and the UAE would continue, however it stopped operating in Australia in February 2023.
- They faced many controversies while work and get funding from the persons.
What we should learn from his life:
- Hard work.
- If you think anything then plan it how to work on that.