Table of Contents
ADANI GROUP Story - Bio, facts, Net Worth, Family and Career
Goutam Adani one of famous and richest person in India and a close person to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Chairman of Adani Group. He was faced many controversies during his life but he faces the all. In this story, we know more about the Adani Group.
Some highlights about his life:
- Birth: He was born on 24 June 1962 in Ahmedabad, Gujrat. They are seven siblings. His father was a merchant.
- Qualification: He completed his school from Sheth Chimanlal Nagindas Vidyalaya in Ahmedabad and drop out the second year in Graduation at Gujrat University. Because he thinks study is not import to make money.
- Marriage Life: He married with Priti. Now they have two sons and the names are: karan Adani or Jeet Adani.
About his successful life:
Adani Group. Adani Group is clear by his own name when we have a collection of many things at that we called them a Group and Adani Group is the group where India’s Biggest Coal Trading Company, Coal Mining Contractor, Private Airport Operator, Transmission, Solar, Gas and many more things are available. The founder of these things is a Goutam Adani. Who want to do business from his childhood that’s why he dropped the study and start learning business.
- Adani relocated to Mumbai to begin his career as a diamond sorter. Even though his first position only lasted two to three years, by that time he had gained insight into the workings of the industry and how it fluctuates with the market. His establishment of a diamond brokerage was supported by his industry experience. It was the first enterprise he ventured into.
- In 1981, Mahasukhbhai Adani, his sibling, invited him to join the management of a plastics factory he purchased in Ahmedabad. This project ended up serving as Adani's entry point into international trade via the importation of polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- He started bringing in raw polymers for small-scale companies in 1985.
- Adani founded Adani Exports, which is the holding business for the Adani Group, in 1988. It is currently called Adani Enterprises. The business first engaged in power and supplies for agriculture.
- When his company started profiting the liberalizing the economy ideas in 1991, it began growing the company into the trading of metals, textiles, and agricultural products.
- The Gujarati government announced managerial outsourcing of the Mundra Port in 1994, and Adani was given the deal by 1995.
- In 1995 he built the first pier. Mundra Port & Special Economic Zone has been replaced by Adani Ports & SEZ (APSEZ) in its existing functions. The company is currently the largest private multiport operator. The Mundra port is India's largest private port with an annual handling capacity of around 210 million tonnes.
- Adani founded Adani Power, the energy arm of the Adani Group, in 1996. The country's largest private thermal power producer, Adani Power, has thermal power plants with a total capacity of 4,620 MW.
- In 2002, a senior official of MS Shoes filed a fraud complaint, which led to Adani's arrest by the Delhi Police on a non-bailable warrant (NBW). The next day, when the court learned that the parties were trying to reach an agreement, it withdrew the NBW.
- In 2012, the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) charged 12 defendants, including Adani, with fraud and conspiracy related to the buying and selling of stocks. According to the SFIO, Adani provided funds and shares to Agro to carry out illegal activities. A local court in Mumbai released Adani and others accused in the case in May 2014. However, in 2020, the Bombay court gave a verdict against Adani in the case.
- In May 2020, Adani won the world's largest solar tender from Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) worth $6 billion. The 8,000 MW solar power project is being implemented by Adani Green; Adani Solar will open an additional production capacity of 2,000 MW for solar cells and modules.
- In September 2020, Adani acquired a 74% stake in Mumbai International Airport, India's second-busiest airport after Delhi.
- In November 2021, speaking at the Bloomberg India Economic Forum, Adani said the group was investing $70 billion in new green energy companies. In July 2022, it announced further details of how this investment will be used to build three huge factories: solar power plants, electrolysers (for producing green hydrogen) and wind turbines.
- In February 2022, he became the richest person in Asia, surpassing Mukesh Ambani, and in August 2022, Fortune magazine named him the third richest person in the world.
- In May 2022, the Adani family, through a foreign special purpose vehicle, acquired Ambuja Cements and its subsidiary ACC from Swiss building materials giant Holcim Group for $10.5 billion.
Goutam is always humble and soft spoken. This quality helped him to make new connections with everyone. He knows very well about how to make connections with someone. He was not able to make connections only even he works on that and make strong. That’s why he had a connection with biggest persons. Goutam seeing his death very closely because he was present in incident of Taj Hotel in 2008 but he left safely in that situation.
Moreover, He was the part of many controversies and faced the up and down falls. After that time, he invested money and taking risks. He had the ability to know more about the opportunities. How to taking the risks. He is a very calculative person because he knows which relation he wants to build. He is a game-changer person for Adani Group. Who could take the biggest steps in his life and make a name in the whole world. His hard work, taking-risks, thinking, determination, challenges, for the success. That is recommendable.
What we should learn from his life:
- To make connection with someone in a polite way.
- To do hard work for their dreams.
- If you got any type of opportunity then take advantage for that with the thinking process never do in hurry.
- Always follow your dream.